Armenia ready for mutual withdrawal of troops - premier
He highlighted the EU's Wednesday statement on the incident near the village of Tegh. The premier explained in question is respect for Armenia's Azerbaijani frontier, which was declared a national frontier in the Almaty declaration of December 21, 1991. According to the statement "the 1991 line must be respected the forces of either side withdrawn to safe distances from this line to prevent any similar incidents from occurring."
"We have been stating our readiness for withdrawing the troops since 2021, and such actions follow the logic incorporated in the Paris statement and the trilateral statement in Sochi," the premier said.
However, Azerbaijan's counterproductive approach is an obstacle to this decision. Baku has regularly shown its disrespect for the agreement on international platforms - release of POWs, ceasefire, and nonuse of force, as well as the blockade of the Lachin corridor.
Nevertheless, despite all the problems, Yerevan remains committed to a peaceful diplomatic settlement of all regional problems, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenian-Azerbaijani relations. Armenia is also ready to unblock transport and economic regional links based on the previously formulated principles, the premier said.